Most scientists will tell you that it is a matter of when not if?
What are we talking about?
We’re talking about an earthquake. Besides humans needing to be prepared so to do buildings especially in San Francisco. With that in mind San Francisco presents Earthquake Retrofit Fair today (January 28, 2014) 3 PM – 7 PM at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium.
Questions about retrofitting your property?
Have to comply with the new Mandatory Soft Story Ordinance?
Need to select a design professional, lenders, or contractor?
Are you a property owner looking to make your building safer?
WHAT TYPES OF BUILDINGS?
- Wood frame construction (Type V), and
- Application of permit for original construction was prior to January 1, 1978, and
- Five or more residential units, and
- Two or more stories over a basement or underfloor area that has any portion extending above grade, and
- A soft story condition that has not been seismically strengthened to the standards set forth in the ordinance.
All San Francisco buildings that are wood-framed, permitted for construction prior to 1978, contain five or more residential dwelling units and are three or more stories or two stories over a basement or underfloor area that have any portion extending above grade, and have not yet been seismically strengthened.
REFERENCES AND REFERRALS – ENGINEERS AND CONTRACTORS
We will be at the event but if you are not able to attend then contact us and we can refer qualified engineers.
Photo courtesy of Wikipedia